The Tyre Glider is a small and compact evolution of the tire levers currently on the market. Its unique design and features ensure that changing a bicycle tire is now accessible to all individuals and completes the task in a more efficient manner allowing for the swift removal and installation of even the most tight-fitting tyres across all the bicycle disciplines.
Key Feature 1
The pending patent ‘wing’ clip-on glides the tire back onto the rim. Once the Tyre Glider encounters resistance, the ergonomic design allows the users to use the full force of their body weight in a downward trajectory which results in the tyre resistance lowering to the point where it pops back onto the rim with ease.
Key feature 2
A wider scoop pulls more beads over the rim. As you then pull down, unlike traditional tire levers, the Tyre Glider sits perfectly and securely onto the brake track of the bike wheel in a horizontal fashion. Push forward to remove.
Weight: 23 grams
• Tire levers for all tire widths including road, MTB, gravel
• The tire glider can be removed by pushing forward and pressing down to install it
• Easy to install tires without pinching the tube, eliminating the hassle and stress
• Compact in size and convenient to carry
• Made of durable plastic, using recycled materials, and environmentally friendly
• Fits up to 3.3mm tire hook width
• Note: Please securely attach the tire glider to the rim hook before work. If you try to push it in force, it may damage the parts that came to the rim hook
• Some rims may have a thick rim wall for the tire glider. In that case, you will need to file the groove that will be attached to the wheel glider’s hook. It can be used with hookless slims, but you need to modify the tire glider
How to remove a tyre?
- Push in the Tyre bead in to create a gap.
- Position Tyre Glider in the gap and then ‘scoop’ the lip fully under the bead.
- Lever the Tyre Glider back pulling the bead over the wheel rim.
- Push in a forward & downward motion to glide the tyre off the rim.
How to install a tyre?
- Starting at the valave, Clip the Tyre Glider onto the rim.
- Using your palm push your Tyre Glider forward.
- The bead will seat itself as you push Tyre Glider around the wheel.
How to remove tight fitting Tyres?
- Follow the above steps first.
- Start opposite Tyre Glider and pinch bead in around the wheel towards your Tyre Glider.
- Turn the wheel back to the Tyre Gliders position & push.
How to install a tight tyre?
- Follow the “install tyre” steps first.
- When you encounter resistance, stand with the wheel between your legs and use your bodyweight to push down.
- For really tight fitting tyres, use your thumb to help install the last bit of bead onto the tyre.